Grand Cru - O.R. 1735, 2004 (gift box)
The result of our House’s creative imagination, the O.R. 1735 cuvee, combines all the savoir-faire of Champagne through the selection of terroirs, and the expression of Chardonnay grown in the best Grand Crus villages, slowly aged in our cellars under natural cork. A genuine moment of revelation, representing 200 years of Champagne history. Opening a bottle leads you on a journey back in time.
Tasting description: We learn a lot about the ageing and the potential of this cuvee thanks to its gold colour and fine bubbles. On the nose, there are buttery and pastry notes, then some praline and little roasted fruits with a discreet touch of aniseed. This very generous champagne has a good attack. The very long finish expresses delicate oaky flavours.
A wine for connoisseurs, to be enjoyed as an aperitif, at any time of the day or with very delicate dishes such as sea-food, fish carpaccio.
- Villages Avize & Chouilly Grand Cru 100%
- Grape Variety Chardonnay
- Fermentation in stainless steel tank and oak barrels for minimum 40%
- Ageing in bottle 13 years
- Yearly production 6,000 bottles
- Vintage 2004
- L’Epicurien – Coup de cœur 19/20 – April 2017
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2015 - Silver Medal
- International Wine Challenge December 2015 – Gold Medal
- Meininger Verlag – October 2015- 92 points
- Wine Spectator July 2015 - 92/100
- Guide Hachette 2014 - Coup de cœur